Spanish-style chorizo frittata
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
- 4 slices mixed grain bread and a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium. Cook the red onion, capsicum and chorizo, stirring, for 7 minutes. Add the paprika and peas. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Add to the chorizo mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine spring onion, tomatoes and vinegar and season with black pepper.
4 To serve, slice and top frittata with tomato mix and mint. Divide among plates with dressed salad leaves and bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check chorizo and paprika are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us