Spaghetti with clams and olives
(at time of publication)
- 130g dried spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 350g cockles or clams, scrubbed – about 15 cockles
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente – about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a bowl combine vinegar and ½ tablespoon of the oil. Add rocket and avocado and toss to coat.
- In a large pot, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining oil over medium. Add garlic and tomatoes and stir. Add wine, chilli flakes, cockles and spinach and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes until clams have opened. Discard any that haven’t opened. Remove pan from heat.
- Add spaghetti to cockles and sauce, along with parsley, capers and olives. Add a little pasta water, if needed, to make more sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side, drizzled with remaining oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with extra chilli flakes and black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free spaghetti that doesn’t contain soy flour, besan/chickpea/gram, lentil or lupin flours.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 32g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us