Soy and ginger beef with noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 x 125g lean rump steaks, fat trimmed
- Noodle salad
- 300g dried ramen noodles
- ½ large iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lime zest and lime juice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add steaks. Turn to coat. Cover, then refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate steaks.
2 To make noodle salad, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool. Add lettuce, radishes, snow peas and carrots. Toss to combine. Whisk soy sauce, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss.
3 Drain steak and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat chargrill or barbecue plate to medium-high. Once hot, add steak and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest for a few minutes. Slice steaks to serve on top of noodle salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us