Soy and ginger beef with noodle saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 x 125g lean rump steaks, fat trimmed
- Noodle salad
- 300g dried ramen noodles
- ½ large iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lime zest and lime juice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add steaks. Turn to coat. Cover, then refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate steaks.
2 To make noodle salad, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool. Add lettuce, radishes, snow peas and carrots. Toss to combine. Whisk soy sauce, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss.
3 Drain steak and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat chargrill or barbecue plate to medium-high. Once hot, add steak and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest for a few minutes. Slice steaks to serve on top of noodle salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information