Soba noodle soup with fish and shiitake
(at time of publication)
- 5 tablespoons white miso paste (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 900g fresh white fish fillets
- 400g soba noodles
- 1 ½ cups shelled edamame beans or baby peas
- 1 carrot, shaved
- 100g pack pickled ginger
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 3 bok choy, stem removed, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (or 40g pack dried, soaked in warm water and sliced)
- Preheat grill to high or oven to 230°C. Thin 3 tablespoons of the miso with a little water and 1 teaspoon of the rice vinegar to make a wet paste.
- On a non-stick oven tray, place fish. Smear with miso paste mix. Set aside.
- In large pot, bring water to the boil. Add noodles and cook to packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Grill fish in oven for 8-10 minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 500ml water to the boil. Add remaining miso. Mix well. Add bok choy and shitake, with half the peas and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl place cucumber. Drain pickled ginger liquid over cucumber. Add remaining rice vinegar.
- To serve, place noodles across bowls, top with miso broth, remaining peas and carrot, fish, and garnish with pickled cucumber and ginger.
Make it gluten free: Check miso paste and soba noodles are gluten free.
White miso paste is available from most supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us