Smoky beef rissoles with couscous salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup (90g) wholemeal couscous
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced in ribbons with a vege peeler
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 120g rocketarugulaX or spinach
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Cover with ²/³ cup boiling water. Cover bowl and set aside.
2 Combine mince, garlic, lemon zest and paprika in a large bowl and season with cracked black pepper. With wet hands divide mixture in 12 portions by hand. Roll portions in balls, flattening slightly to form patties.
3 Preheat a grill pan. Spray beef patties and courgette lightly with oil and add to pan. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cook courgettes until slightly golden.
4 Pour lemon juice and olive oil over reserved couscous. Fluff grains with a fork. Place couscous and tomatoes in a salad bowl with rocket or spinach. Toss lightly.
5 Serve rissoles and courgette ribbons with couscous salad, yoghurt and a lemon wedge.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice instead of couscous and check paprika and yoghurt are gluten free.
Last updated date: 30 August 20182018-08-30 10:37:18
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us