Smoked fish chowder
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and finely diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus an extra sprinkle, to garnish
- ½ cup trim milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 50g flaked smoked fish (eg. salmon, kahawai)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy-based pot, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add potato, spring onion, garlic and smoked paprika and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Add corn kernels and smoked fish, reserving a handful of fish, and cook until fish is heated through. Remove from heat and add half the sour cream, stirring to combine.
- If you like it thick and creamy, remove 1 cup of the chowder and set aside. Blend remaining chowder. Add the chunky chowder back in, plus the reserved fish.
- Serve garnished with remaining sour cream, parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika, smoked fish and sour cream are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us