Simple chicken casserole
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 (600g) skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 cups chicken stock (make with 3 teaspoons stock powder)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 Heat oil in a non-stick casserole dish or large pan and cook onion until softened. Add chicken and cook over a high heat until it has lost its pink colour.
2 Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce heat then cover and simmer for 35 minutes. Season to taste and serve garnished with parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
This tasty chicken casserole is great as it is, and with only a few tweaks, it can be transformed into three different meals!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us