Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- dried noodles for 4 people
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX, mixed with a little cold water
Total fat 4.1g
Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 4.2g
- Soak or cook noodles according to pack instructions.
- In a large pan or wok, heat oils and stir-fry onion, garlic, capsicum and chilli (if using). Add stock, ginger, lemongrass, sauces and rice wine and mix well. Stir in noodles and toss to coat, then mix in cornflour and water and allow to thicken for a minute before serving. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Browse hundreds of low-fat recipes. Delicious and easy low fat meals, snacks and desserts. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Add chicken, beef or seafood to this recipe if you wish.
Author: Sophie Gray -
Photographer: Joanna Wickham
First published: Aug 20062017-11-02 10:34:10
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited