Sesame tofu on Asian veges
- oil spray
- 100g firm tofu cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced (white and light green part only)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ clove garlic, grated
- ¼ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 3 florets broccoli, sliced thinly
- 4 leaves bok choi (or any Asian greens), thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- juice of ½ lime
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
1 Spray pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook tofu with sesame seeds until browned and crispy. Set aside.
2 Place pan over a medium heat and gently fry spring onion, ginger, garlic and chilli in sesame oil until fragrant. Stir to prevent sticking. Add carrot and green veges, then soy sauce and a splash of water. Increase heat and cover. Steam for 3-4 minutes.
3 Add the sesame tofu and toss to heat. Squeeze lime juice on top and serve with brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and soy sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us