Savoury peanut dip
- spray oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
1 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onion, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add curry powder and chilli flakes and stir. Add stock, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and date syrup.
2 Simmer mixture while whisking, for about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl and cool, whisking occasionally. Cover and chill in fridge. thin with water, if needed, and serve with vege sticks.
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder, stock and soy sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Check the vegetable stock is vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.