Satay beef skewers with Asian greens
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon no-added-sugar-or-salt crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced
- soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ⅔ cup basmati rice
- 400g lean beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized green capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches bok choy, trimmed
- 150g snow peas or green beans, trimmed
1 Spray a small saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Cook garlic, shallots and chilli flakes until shallots are soft. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Stir until smooth. Add 1/4 cup cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
2 Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions.
3 Heat barbecue to a medium-high heat. Alternately thread beef and capsicum onto 8 skewers. Spray with oil and chargrill, turning, for 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4 Meanwhile, steam bok choy and snow peas. Serve skewers with rice, greens and satay sauce.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace beef with thin onion slices, courgettes and firm tofu (flavoured, if desired).
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and if making a vegetarian version, check tofu is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us