(at time of publication)
- 1 small carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- spray oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ cup cooked brown rice (or use ready-steamed)
- 100g fresh salmon or tuna (or a mix), cubed
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, to serve
- pinch of chilli flakes, to serve 1 teaspoon pickled ginger, to garnish (optional)
- ½ teaspoon wasabi, to garnish (optional)
1 In a bowl, place cucumber and carrot. In a cup, combine vinegar and mirin. Pour over carrot and cucumber, stir to coat. Set aside.
2 Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft and browned. Remove from pan and add soy sauce. Allow to cool slightly.
3 In a bowl, place rice. Top with cucumber and carrots, fish and mushrooms. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli flakes and serve with ginger and wasabi, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check vinegar, mirin and soy sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 35g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us