Sardine and egg pasta salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 eggs
- 300g small pasta shapes such as macaroni
- 2 x 120g cans sardines in tomato sauce
- 4 cups salad greens
- ¼ cup black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 3 cups salad vegetables, chopped, such as cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, radishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Cook eggs until hard-boiled and cook pasta until tender. Drain eggs and pasta. Run eggs under cold running water to cool.
2 Break sardines in pieces, reserving the sauce. Shell eggs and slice in wedges.
3 Divide salad greens among plates. Sprinkle over olives and capers. Mix pasta with salad vegetables and eggs. Add to salad greens.
4 Top salad with sardines. Mix reserved tomato sauce with oil and vinegar and drizzle over salad to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.