Salmon tortillas with creamy avocado salsa
- 160g salmon fillet (from tail end)
- 1 large carrot, grated or julienned
- 1 green or red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 courgette, grated or julienned
- 1 small cucumber, skin and seeds removed and diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 4 small corn sweetcornXtortillas (we used Tio Pablo Chicas)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin
- seeds, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chipotle or chilli sauce, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and place salmon on top. Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes, until just cooked. Remove from oven to cool.
- While salmon is cooking, in a bowl combine carrot, capsicum, radish and courgette to make a slaw. In another bowl, gently combine cucumber, avocado, yoghurt and lime zest and juice.
- Heat tortillas according to packet instructions. Flake salmon into large chunks.
- Serve tortillas topped with salmon, slaw and avocado salsa. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and chipotle, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 36g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check sauce is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Reduce avocado serve to one eighth, use lactose-free yoghurt and sauce without onion or garlic.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us