- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300g skinless salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups hot cooked quinoa
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Combine parsley, coriander, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin seeds and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add salmon, turn to coat then cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
2 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and carrots and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until carrot is cooked.
3 Stir through cannellini beans. Place salmon on top of mixture.
4 Cover again and cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is just cooked. Flake salmon with a fork. Sprinkle with extra coriander then serve with quinoa and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
To cook quinoa in a rice cooker, use 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water to make 3 cups quinoa.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us