Salmon, pea and herb potato cakes
(at time of publication)
- 450g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- ⅓ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 x 200g cans pink salmon, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind, 1 tablespoon juice
- ⅓ cup dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
- lemon wedges, to garnish
1 Cook potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl and roughly mash.
2 Add peas, salmon, chives, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice and half the breadcrumbs. Mix to combine. Using 1/3 cup potato mixture at a time, shape into 8 patties. Coat patties lightly in remaining breadcrumbs.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a mixed green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us