Salmon, pea and herb potato cakes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 450g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 x 200g cans pink salmon, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind, 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
- lemon wedges, to garnish
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Cook potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl and roughly mash.
2 Add peas, salmon, chives, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice and half the breadcrumbs. Mix to combine. Using 1/3 cup potato mixture at a time, shape into 8 patties. Coat patties lightly in remaining breadcrumbs.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a mixed green salad.