Salmon lentil salad with cucumber cream
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g salmon fillet (bones removed, or use tail portion), halved
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon plain or lemon-infused olive oil
- 400g can lentils in spring water, drained and rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped rocketarugulaX
- 1 telegraph cucumber, diced
- 2 small cooked beetrootbeetsX, diced (we used LeaderBrand)
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil or mint, to garnish (optional)
- dollop of beetrootbeetsX sauerkraut (optional, we used Living Goodness)
Total fat 32g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On an oven dish lined with baking paper, place salmon. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and mirin and brush over salmon. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, zest and oil. Add lentils, capsicum, rocket and half of the cucumber. Mix well. Add beetroot and gently combine.
- Using a food processor or stick blender, blend yoghurt, black pepper and remaining cucumber until smooth.
- To serve, divide lentil salad between 2 plates and break pieces of salmon over the top. Drizzle with cucumber cream, garnish with fresh basil or mint, if using, and serve with sauerkraut on the side, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce, mirin and sauerkraut are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $86. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us