Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- 1 egg
- 50g skinless, boneless salmon fillet
- oil spray
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups baby spinach or watercress
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- lime wedges, to serve
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Cook basmati rice following packet directions or until just tender. Drain well.
2 Meanwhile, place egg in a small saucepan set over high heat and cover with cold water. Bring water to the boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 minutes. Drain. Refresh egg in cold water. Peel and cut in quarters.
3 Place a medium-deep non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat. Add salmon to pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove salmon from pan and leave to cool then flake roughly.
4 Spray same pan with oil and set over a medium–high heat. Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry powder and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add rice and vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
5 Fold flaked salmon and half the coriander gently into rice and vegetables. Top kedgeree with egg and scatter with remaining coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
- Use canned red salmon (100g can, drained) instead of a salmon fillet.
- Make it gluten free: Check curry powder is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us