Salmon and dill pasta with rocket dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- RocketArugulaX dressing
- 40g rocketarugulaX or watercress (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish or horseradish sauce
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 300g wholemeal pasta shells
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 300g poached King salmon, broken in chunks
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill or fresh parsley
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 To make dressing, place rocket (or watercress), horseradish, lemon juice and garlic in a processor. Whizz until finely chopped. Add yoghurt with 4 tablespoons water and blend to dressing consistency. Season and set aside.
2 Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain, leaving some of cooking water in pan.
3 Add salmon with vegetables and heat through. Add dressing with lemon zest and juice. Toss lightly. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and dill or parsley. If you prefer, you can serve this pasta dish cold.
Make it gluten free: Check horseradish is gluten free and use gluten-free pasta.
- Pasta made from whole grains is higher in fibre than white pasta. We’ve called it wholemeal pasta but your pasta may be called wholewheat pasta.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water until al dente – ie. until it is tender but still has some bite!
- Once cooked, drain pasta, leaving a little of the cooking water still in the pan. This stops the pasta sticking.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us