Roasted vegetable, feta and herb patties
(at time of publication)
- 2 ½ cups (300g) chopped roasted vegetables (such as kumarasweet-potatoX, potato, carrot)*
- 1 large courgette, grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX, to serve
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar), to serve
- In a large bowl mash roasted vegetables, leaving some texture. Add courgette, capsicum, feta, egg, flour, and 2 tablespoons each of the parsley and mint. Stir until well combined. Season with pepper.
- Using clean hands, shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-high. Place 3 patties in the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining patties, adding a little of the remaining oil as required.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt with remaining parsley and mint.
- Divide patties between 2 plates and serve with herb yoghurt and rocket dressed with vinaigrette.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us