Roasted salmon with Mexican saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 100g salmon fillets, skin off
- spray oil
- 3 cups corn sweetcornXkernels or 3 corn sweetcornXcobs (kernels removed)
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 x 400g cans four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups steamed green beans (dinner only)
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place salmon on prepared tray. Roast for 12 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large, deep frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook corn kernels, spring onions, garlic and chilli while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and four-bean mix and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes or until heated through.
3 Remove from heat, stir through parsley and lime juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve 3 salmon fillets with bean and corn salad, steamed green beans and a lime wedge (save the remaining fillet for lunch the next day).
NOTE: Nutrition information, time to make and costings apply to main dinner recipe only.
Replace salmon fillets with chicken breasts or make it vegetarian and use tofu instead.
Lunch tomorrow: Salmon, bean and pine nut salad
Cost per serve $5.96
Time to make 5 minutes
1 leftover roasted salmon fillet
2 serves Mexican salad
2 cups baby rocket
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
1 tablespoon lime juice
Step 1 Flake salmon fillet. Toss with Mexican salad, baby rocket, pine nuts and lime juice. Divide between two lunchboxes.
- Gluten free, dairy free, high fibre, low sodium, high iron
- 1940kJ/462cal, 25g protein, 20g total fat, 5g sat fat, 45g carbs, 8g sugars, 13g fibre, 140mg sodium, 210mg calcium, 4.5mg iron
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information