Roasted pumpkin and shallot pasta with sage
(at time of publication)
- 300g chopped pumpkin, diced
- 3 banana shallots, quartered, or 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 beetrootbeetsX, peeled, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten-free ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g gluten-free spiral pasta Buontempo brand or Orgran Garlic & Parsley Pasta Curls
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free reduced-fat sour cream
- grated fresh nutmeg
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese shavings
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a baking dish with oil. Add pumpkin, shallots (or onion) and beetroot to dish. Season with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the nutmeg. Toss in oil and roast for 30-35 minutes, tossing once.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions then drain, reserving a few tablespoons of water to prevent sticking.
3 Mix sage, lemon zest and lemon juice together with sour cream and remaining nutmeg. Add to pasta with spinach. Toss lightly to coat.
4 Add roasted vegetables to creamy pasta with walnuts and chickpeas and toss once more. Serve garnished with parmesan with fresh sage and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us