Roasted eggplant and kumara stew
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium eggplantaubergineXs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to season
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 420g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place eggplant and kumara in a baking dish. Drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until just tender.
2 Tip eggplant and kumara into a large saucepan with tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil. Remove lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add chickpeas and broccoli and simmer for 2 minutes.
3 Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Scatter over parsley and serve.
For a tasty change, use pumpkin instead of eggplant.
Make sure you take the pan off the heat before adding the sour cream otherwise it may curdle.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information