Roasted capsicum hummus
(at time of publication)
- 1 red capsicum, sprayed with oil and roasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- pinch salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 flavoured wraps, such as spinach
- 1 cup celery sticks
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, cut into sticks
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 Place the hummus ingredients in a blender. Whizz until hummus is mixed but still has some texture. Add a little water if it’s too stiff; season to taste. Chill before serving.
2 Serve topped with fresh coriander alongside wraps, vege sticks and tomatoes.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check tahini and chipotle sauce are gluten free.
- This dip keeps well in the fridge for two days.
- Re-taste dip just before serving as flavours can alter while chilling.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us