Rigatoni with ratatouille vegetables
(at time of publication)
- 200g rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium eggplantaubergineX, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes with mixed herbs
- 1 medium courgette, halved and thickly sliced
- 2 capsicums (one red, one green), chopped into 2cm pieces
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium. Gently fry eggplant and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil and canned tomatoes, rinsing the cans with 1 cup water and adding to the pan. Cover and simmer, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Add the courgette and capsicum. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the chickpeas and allow to warm through for 2 minutes. Add the pasta and the baby spinach. Season well with cracked black pepper. Divide into 4 bowls and sprinkle with parmesan, if desired, and basil.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check canned tomatoes are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us