Ricotta-stuffed chicken tray bake
(at time of publication)
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 75g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess water
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- cracked black pepper
- oil spray
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes, snipped from stem
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups steamed wholemeal couscous, to serve
- 4 cups baby spinach, wilted, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place 1 chicken fillet between 2 sheets of baking paper. Gently pound it with a rolling pin until about 1cm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan and chilli flakes. Season with cracked black pepper. Place 1/4 of the ricotta mixture along the centre of each piece of chicken. Roll up the chicken to enclose the filling. Secure with a string or toothpick.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook the chicken, carefully turning, for 2–3 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to the prepared tray. Add courgette, tomatoes, olives and zest. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with steamed couscous and wilted spinach.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous.
You can use fresh or canned cherry tomatoes if you can’t find truss cherry tomatoes.
If you can’t find wholemeal couscous, just use regular couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us