(at time of publication)
- 4 lamb shanks, fat-trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb (200g), sliced finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red capsicum
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons mild chilli paste
- 8 ½–9 cups water
- 200g baby spinach
- 400g cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 200g sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 40g freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Place lamb, vegetables, rosemary, chilli paste and water in a large slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
2 Remove lamb from cooker and set aside to cool. Add spinach and beans to cooker and cook for 20 minutes until leaves wilt.
3 Remove meat from lamb once cooled slightly and break into coarse chunks. Return meat with basil to soup with bread. Stir and season to taste. Garnish with cheese to serve.
Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste is gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
This soup can be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Heat thoroughly before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information