Red wine sauce
(at time of publication)
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 shallot, or ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock, heated
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons light cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or thyme leaves
1 Heat a non-stick pan with oil and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
2 Add stock with wine and vinegar and bring to the boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by a quarter. This will take about 3 minutes.
3 Stir in pesto, sugar, cream and herbs. Heat through. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Serve over chicken, fish or steak with lightly steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and pesto are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us