Rebecca’s spicy beef
(at time of publication)
- 900g blade steak
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, cut in quarters lengthways
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Trim excess fat from steak and chop in chunks. Toss meat in flour, salt and pepper, and ginger.
2 Fry in a non-stick pan until meat is evenly browned. Use a little oil spray if necessary.
3 Place in the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Stir well. Cook for 7-8 hours on a low setting, or 4 hours on high. Adjust seasoning. Serve with kumara mash and green beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us