Quinoa crumb fish fingers
(at time of publication)
- 400g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 egg whites, separately beaten
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups salad greens
- vinaigrette made with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 Boil potatoes in a large saucepan over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes until tender. Add corn during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return to pan. Roughly mash. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Once cool, add tuna, onions and 1 beaten egg white. Stir to combine.
2 Place the remaining egg white and quinoa into separate shallow dishes. Shape 1/3 cupfuls of mixture to make 8 small sausage shapes. Dip fish fingers in egg then coat in quinoa.
3 Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook fish fingers, turning, for 7-10 minutes until golden. Serve with salad, lemon wedges and tomato sauce.
Makeover! You save…
9g total fat
1g sat fat
2 vege serves
What we did
- Used good-quality fish
- Added vegetables
- Used quinoa flakes for a gluten-free option (for those not gluten free, you could use wholemeal breadcrumbs).
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free vinegar and check tomato sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us