Quinoa and feta impossible pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g kale, trimmed, chopped
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup gluten-free plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 60g feta, crumbled
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 170ºC. Grease a 26cm x 16cm baking dish and line with baking paper.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add carrot, courgettes and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Place eggs and flour in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Stir in quinoa, kale mixture and feta.
4 Pour mixture into prepared dish, then top with tomatoes, cut side up. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh thyme, then serve with salad leaves on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.1g
–Saturated fat 4.5g
Dietary fibre 9.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information