Quinoa and courgette fritters with dill tzatziki
(at time of publication)
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 50g crumbled feta
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ⅔ cup quinoa flakes
- 3 tablespoons tamari almonds, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, to serve
- 4-6 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 Squeeze excess moisture from courgettes using a paper towel. In a bowl, combine courgettes, feta, spring onions, quinoa flakes, almonds and eggs. Mix well.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Drop quarter-cupfuls of courgette mixture into the pan. Flatten each slightly. Cook fritters for 2–3 minutes each side, or until lightly golden and cooked.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine tzatziki and dill.
4 Serve fritters with pita, salad leaves and dill tzatziki.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita or wraps and plain roasted almonds, and check tzatziki is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information