Quick salmon and lemon pasta
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup wholemeal pasta (we used penne)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 cups chopped spinach leaves
- ½ x 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 150g boned salmon fillet, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon-infused olive oil
- chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
1 Cook pasta following packet directions.
2 Heat a pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil and cook garlic and spring onions for 1 minute. Add spinach to pan and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes and about 1/2 cup water to pan.
3 Add salmon chunks to pan and poach for about 3 minutes, until just cooked through. Add pasta to pan, with a little reserved pasta water if sauce needs loosening.
4 Serve salmon pasta drizzled with lemon-infused oil, garnished with chilli flakes (if using) and a lemon slice if you prefer.
- Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free or Italian-made pasta and use green part only of spring onion.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta that does not contain soy, garbanzo bean or lupin flour. Use the green tips of the spring onion only. Swap the garlic for 1 teaspoon of garlic infused oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us