Quick chickpea and tofu curry
(at time of publication)
- 1kg bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 200g tofu, cubed
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 80g red curry paste
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 250g bag 2-minute express brown rice
- ½ cup roasted unsalted cashews
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Place the frozen vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on a medium heat for 5—6 minutes until defrosted.
2 Meanwhile heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 1—2 minutes. Add the tofu, chickpeas and curry paste and fry for a further 2—3 minutes before adding the sugar, tomatoes and defrosted veges. Simmer for 8—10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add more water for a thinner sauce.
3 Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with a couple of tablespoons of rice and top with cashews. Garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 19g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us