Quick chicken and vegetable soup with gremolata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 6 cups chopped soup vegetables (such as leek, celery, potato, carrot, pumpkin and cauliflower)
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 small slices rye bread, toasted, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 In a large pan heat olive oil over medium-high. Add chopped leek and sauté for 2–3 minutes, or until just soft. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes.
2 Add stock and 3½ cups water and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat, simmering for 10 minutes. Add chicken and stir to heat through. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all gremolata ingredients. Season and mix well.
4 Divide soup among bowls. Top with gremolata and serve with rye toast.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Serve with gluten-free bread and check stock is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Sunfed Chicken Free Chicken and use Massel Chicken Style Stock.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us