- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lean chicken thigh fillets (about 300g), halved
- 4 extra-lean pork sausages
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 400g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup liquid reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cups steamed mixed green vegetables such as broccoli, sugar snap peas
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Set a large flameproof casserole dish over a high heat on the stove top. Add olive oil. Heat. Add chicken to dish with sausages. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Remove meat from dish, slice sausages thickly and set aside.
2 Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and thyme to dish. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes, beans and chicken stock to dish with 1/2 cup water. Return reserved meat to dish and bring to the boil. Remove dish from heat.
3 Combine breadcrumbs and parsley in a bowl. Scatter over meat mixture in dish. Place dish in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and liquid has reduced. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
4 Serve cassoulet with steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Check sausages and stock are gluten free and use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us