Pumpkin hummus with dippers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2½ cups peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- cracked black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dukkah
- 1 large carrot, cut into batons
- 2 celery stalks, cut into batons
- ¾ cup snow peas, trimmed
- ¾ cup green beans, trimmed
- 2 wholemeal pita breads, toasted
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 23g
1 In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place pumpkin and ¼ cup water. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
2 In a large bowl, place pumpkin and chickpeas. Lightly mash and add tahini, cumin and garlic, and season with pepper. Add lemon juice to taste. Divide mixture between 2 plastic containers. Sprinkle over the dukkah, seal with lid and refrigerate overnight.
3 Into a container or zip-lock bag, place vegetable sticks and refrigerate overnight.
4 When ready to eat at work, toast or warm pita bread and tear into pieces. Serve with hummus and vege sticks.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check tahini, cumin and dukkah are gluten free.