Pumpkin and lentil curry
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mild Indian curry paste
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 100g baby spinach
- 250g 90-second microwaveable brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- fresh mint or coriandercilantroX, to serve
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add curry paste and stir through.
2 Add pumpkin, tomatoes, cauliflower, lentils and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if necessary. Stir through spinach and cook until wilted.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Fold peas through cooked rice. Serve with curry and garnish with coriander or mint.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste and make sure canned chopped tomatoes are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us