Prawn, mango and avocado rolls
- 18 tiger prawns, cooked, peeled, deveined, halved
- 100g flat rice noodles
- 12 large rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 1 large ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- Dipping sauce
- 4 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 Cut prawns in half lengthways. Place rice noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain; rinse under cold water. Roughly cut noodles into smaller lengths with scissors.
2 Fill a large bowl three-quarters full with lukewarm water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, fully immerse in water for 30 seconds. Use fingertips to gently press down so ends don’t curl up. Lay wrapper flat on a damp tea towel.
3 Lay a mint leaf along centre of wrapper and top with 3 prawn halves. Put 2 carrot and 2 cucumber ribbons alternately over the top to create stripes. Trim the ribbons to shorter lengths if too long.
4 Top with some mango, noodles, avocado, mint and snow peas. Fold over the end closest to you, then tuck in the sides; roll up. Lightly splash water on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Rest the roll on damp baking paper so it won’t dry out. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling to make 12 rolls.
5 To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve with rice paper rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check sauces in dipping sauce are gluten free.
- Rice paper rolls will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Cover with a piece of damp non-stick baking paper to prevent them drying out.
- Dipping sauce will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us