Prawn and kumara fritters with mango salsa
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup trim milk
- 400g prawn meat, roughly sliced
- 100g golden kumarasweet-potatoX, grated
- 130g bag mixed salad greens
- 130g bag rocketarugulaX
- 100g mixed bean sprouts
- 1 ripe mango, skinned, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lemon, juice, plus 1 extra lemon, cut in wedges
- oil spray
1 In a bowl place flour and stir in seasoning. Make a well in the centre, break in egg, add oil and slowly mix while adding milk. Add prawns and kumara. Mix together.
2 Toss salad leaves together in a separate bowl. Scatter over sprouts.
3 To make salsa, combine mango, spring onions and avocado. Squeeze over lemon juice and toss once.
4 Heat barbecue plate to a medium heat. Spray with oil and cook fritters in batches until small bubbles appear. Flip fritters. Cook for 1 more minute. Repeat.
5 Serve fritters with salad and salsa.
To feed a crowd
- Allow 100g raw prawn meat per person.
- Double the base fritter recipe to serve 8 people, triple to serve 10-12.
- Make sure you have 1 heaped cup salad greens per person, and 2 tablespoons mixed sprouts or legumes per person.
- You need 1/4 mango plus 1/4 avocado per person.
- Allow 1 large or 2 small spring onions, and 1/2 lemon per person.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
Make ahead: For easy entertaining make the fritter mix in advance and keep in the fridge. Salsa can be made in advance by leaving out avocado and adding it at the last minute before serving.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us