Prawn and fish cakes with noodle salad
- 75g rice vermicelli noodles
- 200g crunchy combo sprout mix
- 200g bean sprouts, chopped
- 100g snow pea shoots
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300g skinless, boneless, firm white fish fillets
- 300g peeled medium-sized prawns
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste or Thai curry paste
- oil spray
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1 Cook vermicelli following packet directions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Cut noodles into 6cm lengths then transfer to a large bowl. Add all sprouts, celery, cucumbers, two-thirds of the coriander, lime juice and oil. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
2 Finely chop the remaining coriander. Place fish and prawns into a food processor and process until they form a coarse paste. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add chopped coriander and chilli paste. Stir to combine then shape mixture into 8 patties.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with noodle salad and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Make chicken patties by using 600g skinless chicken breast fillets instead of fish and prawns.
- Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste and sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us