Prawn and fish cakes with noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 75g rice vermicelli noodles
- 200g crunchy combo sprout mix
- 200g bean sprouts, chopped
- 100g snow pea shoots
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300g skinless, boneless, firm white fish fillets
- 300g peeled medium-sized prawns
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste or Thai curry paste
- oil spray
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1 Cook vermicelli following packet directions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Cut noodles into 6cm lengths then transfer to a large bowl. Add all sprouts, celery, cucumbers, two-thirds of the coriander, lime juice and oil. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
2 Finely chop the remaining coriander. Place fish and prawns into a food processor and process until they form a coarse paste. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add chopped coriander and chilli paste. Stir to combine then shape mixture into 8 patties.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with noodle salad and sweet chilli sauce.
- Make chicken patties by using 600g skinless chicken breast fillets instead of fish and prawns.
- Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste and sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us