Potato and cheese clafoutis
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2 small potatoes, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 spring onions, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed2 tomatoes, chopped
4 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
1/2 cup trim milk
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 cups baby spinach
5 peppadew peppersbell peppersX (see tips)
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add potatoes, carrot, spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- In a 25cm round baking dish, arrange the vegetable mixture. Add tomatoes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the yoghurt and milk, mix well. Sift in the self-raising flour and combine. Add half of the parmesan and season with black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, until clafoutis has risen and is golden.
- While clafoutis is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar and mustard to make dressing. Add spinach and peppadews and toss before serving with clafoutis.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check mustard is gluten free
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us