Portuguese chicken tenderloins on warm roasted vegetable salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons Portuguese chicken seasoning
- 6 cups chopped roasting vegetables (such as pumpkin, parsnip, kumarasweet-potatoX, peppersbell peppersX, potato), chopped in small pieces
- oil spray
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 Mix tenderloins with 2 tablespoons Portuguese seasoning. Set aside.
2 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place vegetables in a plastic bag, spray with a little oil then add the remaining Portugese seasoning. Toss to combine then tip into a lightly oiled roasting dish. Roast until cooked.
3 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil and cook chicken over high heat until cooked. Add orange zest, orange juice and honey. Cook for 1-2 more minutes to heat through.
4 Arrange salad greens on 4 plates. Top with roasted vegetables and chicken. Pour liquid over top, sprinkle with almonds then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us