Pork schnitzel with courgette and kumara wedges
- 4½ cups thin kumarasweet-potatoX wedges
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into thin lengthwise wedges
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh fine wholegrain breadcrumbs
- ¹/³ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 uncrumbed pork schnitzels
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 400g bag prepared coleslaw (dressing omitted)
- 2 teaspoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes, adding courgette for last 15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and 1 tablespoon water. On a plate, combine breadcrumbs and parsley. Dip pork into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate. Continue to coat remaining pork, making 4 crumbed schnitzels.
3 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium high. Cook schnitzels for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine slaw, yoghurt and mayo. Serve pork with veges and garnish with lemon, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us