Pork schnitzel with courgette and kumara wedges
(at time of publication)
- 4½ cups thin kumarasweet-potatoX wedges
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into thin lengthwise wedges
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh fine wholegrain breadcrumbs
- ¹/³ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 uncrumbed pork schnitzels
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 400g bag prepared coleslaw (dressing omitted)
- 2 teaspoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes, adding courgette for last 15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and 1 tablespoon water. On a plate, combine breadcrumbs and parsley. Dip pork into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate. Continue to coat remaining pork, making 4 crumbed schnitzels.
3 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium high. Cook schnitzels for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine slaw, yoghurt and mayo. Serve pork with veges and garnish with lemon, if desired.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information