Pork lasagne with yoghurt sauce
Time to make: 2 hrs
( Hands-on time: 30 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated
- 500g pork mince
- 700g jar passata
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, thinly sliced lengthwise
- oil spray
- 8 large (200g) dried lasagne sheets
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- black pepper
- 8 cups steamed vegetables or salad leaves, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, capsicum, carrot and courgette and gently fry for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes, or until browned.
Add passata and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Lightly spray eggplant slices with oil. Cook eggplant for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and tender.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the mince mixture over the base of an 8-cup (2-litre)-capacity baking dish. Top with 2 lasagne sheets, trimming to fit. Layer with 1/3 of the remaining mince mixture, then 1/4 cup of the cheese and 2 lasagne sheets, trimming to fit. Arrange eggplant slices over pasta sheets. Top with half of the remaining mince mixture, 2 lasagne sheets, remaining mince mixture, ¼ cup of the cheese and remaining 2 lasagne sheets.
- In a bowl, combine yoghurt and egg. Season with cracked black pepper. Pour mixture over the top lasagne sheets and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and tender when pierced with a small knife. Stand, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes before serving. Slice into 6-8 pieces and serve with veges or salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free lasagne sheets and check passata and Greek-style yoghurt are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us