Pork fillet with pan-fried pears
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed
- 2 large ripe pears, peeled, cored, cut in thin wedges
- 1/3 cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon zest
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 cups mashed cooked kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 head broccoli OR 2 bunches broccolini, steamed
- 4 cups steamed courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook pork for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer pork to a plate, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, return pan to medium-high heat. Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add stock, wine, lemon zest and currants. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until pears are tender and liquid has reduced by half. Remove from heat and keep warm.
3 Slice pork into 1cm-thick slices. Serve with kumara mash, broccoli and courgettes. Spoon pears, currants and pan juices over pork before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us