- 700g plums, halved with stonepitXs removed (or if small, leave whole)
- 3 tablespoons plum or cherry jamjellyX
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups trim milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons castor sugar
- sprinkling of icingfrostingX sugar, to serve
1 Heat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a 7-8 cup capacity ovenproof dish or 8 individual dishes. Place the plums, jam, lemon zest and juice in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Alternatively place in a pan and heat until jam has dissolved - about 3-4 minutes. Spoon into the base of the ovenproof dish.
2 Place flour, eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar in a processor and mix for 30 seconds. Pour the batter over the plums and bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown, slightly risen and the custard has set (small ones will take about 15 minutes). Serve warm or cold with a dusting of icing sugar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check cinnamon and icing sugar are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us