Pesto pasta salad with roasted veg and baked ricotta
(at time of publication)
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, thinly sliced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 2 capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 250g penne
- ¼ cup store-bought basil pesto
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Arrange eggplant, courgette and capsicum over one and a half trays.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta and oregano. Place ½ teaspoonfuls of the ricotta mixture onto the remaining half of the baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and ricotta has golden edges.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables, pasta and pesto. Stir through rocket, baked ricotta and pine nuts. To serve, divide among 4 serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free penne and check pesto is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us