Pesto pasta salad with roasted veg and baked ricotta
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, thinly sliced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 2 capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 250g penne
- ¼ cup store-bought basil pesto
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Arrange eggplant, courgette and capsicum over one and a half trays.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta and oregano. Place ½ teaspoonfuls of the ricotta mixture onto the remaining half of the baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and ricotta has golden edges.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables, pasta and pesto. Stir through rocket, baked ricotta and pine nuts. To serve, divide among 4 serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free penne and check pesto is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us