Pesto, mushroom and chicken pizzas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups Swiss brown mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 large wholemeal pita pockets
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken breast
- 180g store-bought, oil-free roasted red capsicum
- sliced 50g feta, crumbled
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line three baking trays with baking paper. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Place mushrooms on one of the prepared trays and brush with oil mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
2 Place pita breads on the two remaining trays. Spread 3 teaspoons pesto over each pita bread. Top with cooked mushrooms, courgette, chicken, capsicum and feta.
3 Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until pizzas are golden and crisp, swapping trays halfway through cooking time. Top with rocket. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of pita bread and check pesto is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us